Confession: I don’t like to talk on the phone. I’m not alone. In fact, Aspect’s 2017 Customer Experience Index contact with customer service via talking to a live agent has declined 10% in the past 2 years.
Picking up the phone started to wind down for me when a national pizza chain introduced groundbreaking technology several years ago when they began offering online ordering. I found that my deliveries were more accurate because ordering via the internet eliminated the miscommunication that can sometimes happen over the phone.
Over time the communication channels with companies I do business with have increased and while voice calls are sometimes necessary, they’re never my first choice. Give me an option for web chat or SMS messaging and you’ll likely have me as a customer for life. Providing a self-service option, like a chatbot is an even better option!
As chatbots become more and more prevalent, they are impacting online experiences in a real and measurable way. To help shed light on how chatbots are reshaping online experiences today, the teams at Drift, SurveyMonkey Audience, Salesforce, and myclever came together to create the definitive report on chatbots for 2018.
Read the report to better understand:
- The rise of chatbots
- Problems with traditional online experiences
- Predicted uses and potential benefits for chatbots
- Blockers to using chatbots
- Chatbots vs. other communication channels
Get the report here: https://blog.drift.com/chatbots-report/
Latest posts by Maddy Hubbard (see all)
- Improve Your IVR, Improve the Customer Experience - April 17, 2018
- The Facebook Predicament: Investment Protection, Thanks to Aspect - April 4, 2018
- The State of Chatbots - March 6, 2018