Cloud computing has been hyped in the media and in IT circles for almost a decade now. So I don’t need to cover what cloud computing is or what the benefits of cloud computing are. It’s been covered, and perhaps ad nauseum for some readers. For all the chatter, it would be easy to assume most companies have already shifted to the cloud but Morningstar estimates that just 20% to 25% of virtualized infrastructure is running in a public cloud environment.
While there’s no question that the cloud has significant potential to help companies improve performance, this potential is only unlocked with the right strategies. Aberdeen’s new report Cloud Contact Center: Customer Centricity with Great Agility & Less Cost shows that not every company that invests in a cloud contact center is getting the highest returns on their investments. Many companies jump into to the cloud without a clear strategy to get the most out of their investment. The best way to illustrate how companies are struggling to get the highest returns from their cloud investment is to examine the expected results of adopting a cloud solution verses those that were achieved. Aberdeen found that:
- 79% of companies moved to a cloud contact center solution to adopt a flexible financial structure by converting fixed contact center deployment costs into variable costs. Yet only 38% of companies achieved on this.
- 74% of enterprises sought to provide agents with access to better applications that they couldn’t afford in-house. Only 44% of companies feel that they met this expectation.
- 70% desired to increase uptime through a more redundant carrier integration and only 46% feel that this was achieved after their cloud deployment.
- 68% of companies sought to reduce reliance on their IT team and use previously-allocated IT resources within innovative projects but 48% realized this result.
The data may seem discouraging but the good news for the nearly three quarters of organizations that have not embraced the cloud is that you can learn the strategies of companies that have best-in-class cloud strategies and have been able to achieve their desired benefits from their cloud deployment. Read the Aberdeen report to learn how best-in-class companies have optimized their processes to maximize their investments. You’ll also be able to better understand how to achieve desired results with a well-designed strategy and what is recommended to maximize your cloud contact center investment.
Download the report here: https://www.aspect.com/landing-pages-2017/aberdeen-cloud-contact-center-report
Latest posts by Rebecca Anderson (see all)
- You Don’t Have to be Amazon to Master Personalized Customer Service - April 27, 2018
- Contact Center Leaders: If You’re Not Early You’re Late - April 11, 2018
- Olympic-Sized Tips for Gold Medal Customer Service - February 15, 2018