You may have seen him featured on 60 Minutes, 20/20, The Today Show, The View, and many other network spots – Jason Dorsey is best known as the leading authority on young adults in that 18-25 age range called “Gen Y” or the Millennials. Dorsey isn’t just a bestselling author, speaker, and winner of Entrepreneur of the Year for his unique, research-driven approach to helping businesses solve generational challenges, the “Gen Y Guy” is a Millennial himself.
It takes one to know one.
We’re pleased to bring Dorsey’s energy and insight as a featured keynote speaker to this year’s ACE conference, CX 20/20: A Vision for Consumer Engagement.
If you haven’t yet registered for ACE, don’t wait! You won’t want to miss Dorsey’s keynote, as well as inspiring keynotes from Aspect leadership and the vast number of value-packed workshops, breakout sessions, networking opportunities we have planned during this three-day event. REGISTER NOW >>
Why Millennials Matter
The Gen Y and Millennial generation has come of age in a world inundated with technology, surrounded by the constantly shifting expectations of what’s possible. As Dorsey points out in his Top 10 Millennials & Gen Y Questions Answered, this audience is not so much tech-savvy as tech-dependent.
Gen Y’s and Millennials share a few other identifying characteristics that help set them apart from other generations in today’s workplace and society. For example:
- Gen Y loves instant gratification. The less time you ask them to wait “on hold” – if at all – the happier they’ll be.
- Gen Y often has a feeling of entitlement. This is certainly not true of every individual, but it might not hurt to make a Millennial caller feel a little “catered to”
- Gen Y has big expectations – and often no firm grasp or appreciation of the steps involved in delivering.
With this generation representing an estimated $2.45 trillion of purchasing power worldwide, it’s worth taking note of how your business can make key shifts in the Millennial customer experience to make a real difference.
Hear more at ACE!
Latest posts by Chris O'Brien (see all)
- Do You Know What Makes Your Customers Tick, and What Ticks Them Off? - July 18, 2018
- Looking Ahead to the Customer Service of Tomorrow - April 3, 2018
- The High Cost of a Bad Review - February 27, 2018