The digital age is our new reality. We are in the midst of a technological revolution which is taking our consumer-driven culture by storm and unfortunately catching many businesses off guard. With stiff competition in an increasingly global marketplace, the customer experience is emerging as the one true differentiator – the new battleground for winning and keeping customers.
Customer expectations are constantly evolving. Achieving satisfying outcomes that lead to long-term loyalty can feel like trying to hit a moving target. But failing to keep pace with consumer demands can have a catastrophic impact on your brand equity, with significant consequences for your organization in the long run.
Expectation: Make it Mobile
Gartner projects that by 2017, an estimated 35% of customer support interactions will take place on a mobile device. The traditional contact center environment, built around disconnected channels, often struggles to reconnect the mobile experience in a way that feels natural and intuitive to today’s consumer. It’s critical to consider the customer experience when developing mobile apps to create a seamless transition from one channel to the next, such as moving from IVR or self-service to a live agent without losing the context of the interaction. Some solutions to consider:
- Accompany a self-service voice call with a touch-screen menu of options to improve first-call resolution and reduce call times.
- Embed a qualification dialog into an existing mobile customer care app. After answering the questions, the customer can receive a callback from an agent who already has all the relevant details.
- Embed a chat, audio/video or co-browsing widget into an existing website or mobile app, giving customers a way to connect with an agent without leaving the application.
For more insight into customer service video chat or what else customers expect and how to stay ahead of the curve, download our new eBook Six Things People Expect from Your Contact Center in the Digital Age.
- Why Do Golden Agents Wear Smartwatches? - October 15, 2020
- Customer Experience Management Tools and How They Can Help - July 2, 2020
- Register Now: Forrester CX North America Virtual Conference - June 8, 2020