The New Year’s resolution is a rich tradition which affords us all a chance to reflect on the past year and give ourselves goals to keep making personal improvements in the year to come. And if you’re a business leader, there’s no reason not to do the same at the office.
In the spirit of the holiday, let’s take a look at the top three resolutions from this past year, and see how they might apply to contact center leaders looking to keep making strides to improve in 2018.
Read on below to see some of the top resolutions from this past year according to Statistic Brain, and see how these might apply in the case of contact center leaders resolved to get the best out of their team in 2018.
- Better financial decisions: More than one in ten Americans use their resolution to commit to making better financial decisions. This is certainly applicable in the contact center space. Looking around your contact center, are there outdated and costly technologies that bloat your budget?
- Spend more time with loved ones: Many Americans resolved in 2017 to spend more time with family and friends. If you want to give your agents the same luxury, integrate software that will facilitate mobility and let your team work in a way that better aligns with their lifestyles. From a consumer perspective, it may be time to toss out the hold music and give your customers self-service options so they can spend more time with loved ones and less time on hold.
- Try something new on my own: Americans love a personal challenge, and that is clear based on this resolution. Want to see how your team rises to the challenge of trying something new on their own? Integrate automated coaching and eLearning courses. Not only will your agents be better trained, but they’ll feel empowered and engaged by taking their education upon themselves.
The only way to stay ahead of the competition is to keep changing with the times. That may never be more evident than at New Year’s, when the last 12 months are fresh in our minds and we seek to blaze a path that will keep us excelling for the next 12 too. So, contact center leaders, what is your New Year’s resolution? See how we can help you achieve your contact center goals.
Latest posts by Rebecca Anderson (see all)
- 10 Must Haves for Cloud-Based Customer Engagement Platforms - October 3, 2018
- Managing Seasonal Contact Center Volumes with Cloud - August 14, 2018
- Infographic: Chatbots Challenge Traditional Contact Centers - August 2, 2018