I’m the proud owner of three enormous dogs. The beasts, whom I adore, collectively weigh about 400 pounds. As you can imagine, they eat a lot. Buying their food at a brick and mortar store almost qualifies as a workout. Getting the bag of food from the shelf to the cart, from the cart to the car and from the car to the house is reminiscent of the strongman event, Super Yolk.
It’s just easier and more convenient to order their food from an online retailer and have it delivered to my doorstep.
I feed my dogs twice a day. First thing in the morning, before I’ve had my first cup of coffee and again after my workday while I’m in the midst of cooking dinner and dealing with a myriad of other evening housekeeping items. Neither time is optimal for keeping track of how much food is remaining. It seems that in no time at all, I’m running low on dog food — did I mention they eat a lot? Do I stop what I’m doing, open my computer, go to the website and place an order for dog food, or run to the store and grab a bag locally?
If only there was a better way.
Actually, there is.
SMS improves the customer experience by providing a seamless retail journey that allows customers to browse, shop and place orders using familiar technology they use every day.
How convenient would it be, if based on my order history, I received a text message reminding me it was time to place an order? Research shows that over 82% of consumers surveyed open every text message they receive and response rates from text messages are 209% higher than those from phone calls. There is no doubt I would place my order right then. And, if I could pay with a single click, even better!
Our eBook, Your Retail Business Can Do Better, 5 Ways SMS Can Drive More Profitable Customer Engagement, shares more details how SMS captures consumers’ attention, and uncovers additional solutions you can implement to improve the customer experience.
• Why Millennials prefer text over talk and why it’s important
• How SMS outperforms retail email marketing efforts
• Why interactive text response addresses consumers’ desire for advanced capabilities
• What prompts the majority of smartphone users to make mobile payments
Latest posts by Maddy Hubbard (see all)
- Chatbots: Creating a Better Experience? It’s a Piece of Cake - June 1, 2018
- Meeting the Expectations of the Next Generation of Employees - May 29, 2018
- Improve Your IVR, Improve the Customer Experience - April 17, 2018