The global spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus is a developing situation that we are watching closely and reacting to on a daily and sometimes hourly basis, both as an organization and on a personal level. The impact of this virus is being felt by all markets and industries. The contact center industry lies at the heart of many of these affected businesses, and we recognize how critically important it is for the lines of communication to remain open with your customers.
Aspect systems help support those operations, and we are prepared to enact business continuity procedures that will help keep contact center and workforce optimization solutions fully operational, specifically:
- Aspect is a global organization and maintains customer care and technical support functions in multiple locations throughout the world, with no single point of failure.
- Aspect maintains business continuity plans for multiple scenarios, including any disruption in physical workplace availability for its employees.
- Aspect supports flexible working arrangements throughout our workforce. In Aspect Customer Care, on any given day approximately 20% of our employees work remotely and securely away from office locations. This remote worker structure ensures we have the technological capacity and established work culture to maintain 24/7 business-as-usual support services regardless of disruption in our physical facilities.
As a company, Aspect is taking extra steps to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, customers and partners, and to do our part to help flatten the curve of infection and reduce the severity of its spread. This includes following the guidance of the CDC and WHO to focus on containment and social distancing.
Customers can read about the actions we are taking by logging in to the Aspect Customer Care portal.
Over the years, Aspect has developed a strong communications and technology infrastructure that enables us to now quickly shift our workforce to remote working. Employees with on-site functions that are critical to keeping services operational are encouraged to follow careful, common-sense procedures to reduce their risk of contracting and/or spreading the virus.
We believe that by being prepared and reacting appropriately, we can help our customers focus on meeting the needs of your customers, even in times of uncertainty.
Please let us know what else we could do to make this difficult situation a bit easier on you and your organization.
- WFH: Time to Step Up and Lead - March 30, 2020
- COVID-19: Maintaining Business Continuity and the Safety of All Around Us - March 18, 2020