While cards, roses and chocolates can go a long way to show how much you care about a loved one on the homefront, contact center leaders know that it takes a little more than candy and clichés to cultivate good relationships with their agents. They also know the effort is worth it, as happy agents are more productive, more engaged and provide better customer service. Not to mention the fact that they are more committed to their relationship with you, helping you reduce turnover and the costs of interviewing, rehiring and training.
Of course you love your agents, but if you want your agents to love you back this Valentine’s Day (and all year round), make sure you show them how much they mean to you. After all, as Paul McCartney once sang, “In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.”
Here are four ways to build better agent relationships:
- Give them an experience that will knock them off their feet. While they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, agents have a strong connection with user interfaces modeled after the consumer technologies they already know and love. Engage them with simple, intuitive dashboards that make it easier for them to do their jobs and provide excellent service.
- Hook them up with virtual personal assistants. Delight your agents with virtual personal assistants that enable anytime access to schedules, time off requests, shift bids and more – right from their mobile devices.
- Show ‘em the Love. We all want to be recognized and appreciated by our loved ones, right? Taking the time to recognize your agents for their hard work will make them fall in love with your contact center all over again. While you can go the traditional “Employee of the Week” (hashtag, yawn), why not broadcast your appreciation to the world instead?
- Spice things up with Gamification. Contact center software that includes gamification features is a win-win for you and your agents. Introducing badges and awards for meeting key performance indicators will entertain and delight your agents, rewarding them for applying their coaching and ultimately lead to providing better customer service.
Stay tuned to the blog this month to find out how you can take a few moments to recognize your agents. Spoiler alert: there will be prizes and swag for participants!
Latest posts by Tim Dreyer (see all)
- Summer Travel Underscores Need for Airlines to Overhaul Customer Service - June 29, 2017
- Are You Wasting Your Customers’ Time? - May 26, 2017
- Fast Food Giant Wendy’s Serves Up Customer Service Nuggets of Wisdom - May 15, 2017